Investing is a serious subject, but that doesn’t mean we can’t have some fun while we learn and reinforce important principles. Here are some thought provoking deep sayings for this edition of money proverbs.
20 Deep Sayings
1. The only ones to get hurt on a roller coaster are the jumpers. (Paul Harvey)
2. The safe time to invest is when there is blood in the streets. (Mark Mobius)
3. Successful investing is anticipating the anticipation of others. (John Maynard Keynes)
4. Wide diversification is only required when investors do not understand what they are doing. (Warren Buffett)
5. There are two times when people forget their principles: at the top of the market and at the bottom. (Phillip A. Lowe)
6. The love of money is the root of all evil. 1 Timothy 6:10 (Bible)
7. A correction takes place to determine which investments are tennis balls and which are eggs. You want to own the things that bounce, as in tennis balls and not in eggs. (William Berger)
8. In almost every other walk of life, people buy more at lower prices; in the stock market they seem to buy more at higher prices. (James Grant)
9. Most people ignore probabilities and exaggerate risk. (Ralph Wagner)
10. Money is only a tool. It will take you wherever you wish, but it will not replace you as the driver. (Ayn Rand)
11. Time is more valuable than money. You can get more money, but you cannot get more time. (Jim Rohm)
12. Someone’s sitting in the shade today because someone planted a tree a long time ago. (Warren Buffett)
13. Predicting rain doesn’t count, building an ark does. (Laszio Birinyi)
14. The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool. (Richard Feynman)
15. The first word in analyst is anal.
16. When to stay and when to leave is the critical choice when there is a storm.
17. Behold the turtle. He makes progress only when he sticks his neck out.
18. Never invest in anything that promises to change your life, because it probably will, for the worse.
19. It’s time, not timing, that makes money in the market.
20. Investing is something you do to become wealthy, not something you do once you become wealthy.
Related Reading: Money Proverbs